Our Data Policy and Your Privacy Choices
To provide these services, we must collect and use your personal data, which you must agree to in order to use the app.
Data We Collect:
Data You Provide To Us
To create an account you need to provide data including your email address and a password.
You have choices about the information on your profile, such as your education, work experience, photo, contact info and city, country or area.
Data from others
Content and News
You and others may post content that includes information about you (as part of articles, blogs posts, comments, videos, audios). Unless you opt-out, we collect public information about you, such as professional-related news and make it available as part of our Services (e.g. suggestions for your profile, or notifications of mentions in the news and blogs.
Contact and Calendar Information
We receive personal data (including contact information) about you when others import or sync their contacts or calendar with our Services, associate their contacts with member profiles, or send messages using our services (including invites or connection requests).
Institute/ School Provided Information
To add institute/school user will provide institute name, institute short name and location.
Who can use Classfellows?
When people stand behind their opinions and actions, our community is safer and more accountable. For that reason, you must:
What you can share and do on Classfellows
- Use the same name that you use in everyday life.
- Provide accurate information about yourself.
- Create only one account (your own) and use your timeline for personal purposes.
- Not share your password nor give access to your Classfellows account to others, or transfer your account to anyone else.
- We try to make Classfellows broadly available to everyone.
- You are prohibited from receiving our products, services, or software under applicable laws.
We want people to use Classfellows to express themselves and to share content that is important to them.
You may not use our Products to do or share anything:
- That violates these Terms, our Community Standards, and other terms and policies that apply to your use of Classfellows.
- That is unlawful, misleading, discriminatory or fraudulent.
- That infringes or violates someone else's rights.
- You may not upload viruses or malicious code or do anything that could disable, overburden, or impair the proper working or appearance of our Products.
- We can remove content you share in violation of these provisions and, if applicable, we may take action against your account, for the reasons described below. We may also disable your account if you repeatedly infringe other people's intellectual property rights.
To help support our community, we encourage you to report content or conduct that you believe violates rights (including intellectual property rights) or our terms and policies.
Posts, Likes, reply, blogs, Comments, Messages
- When you share an article or a post (e.g., an update, image, video or article) publicly it can be viewed by everyone and re-shared anywhere. Members, Visitors and others will be able to find and see your publicly-shared content, including your name (and photo if you have provided one).
- In a group, posts are visible to others in the group. Your membership in groups is public and part of your profile.
- Any information you share through blogs will be viewable by others who visit those blogs.
- When you like or re-share or comment on another's content, others will be able to view these "social actions" and associate it with you (e.g., your name, profile and photo if you provided it).
The permissions you give us
We need certain permissions from you to provide our services:
- Permission to use content you create and share: You own the content you create and share on Classfellows you use, and nothing in these Terms takes away the rights you have to your own content. You are free to share your content with anyone else, wherever you want. To provide our services, though, we need you to give us some legal permission to use that content.
- Permission to use your name, profile picture, and information about your actions with ads and sponsored content: You give us permission to use your name and profile picture and information about actions you have taken on Classfellows next to or in connection with ads, offers, and other sponsored content that we display without any compensation to you.